These Are a Few Of Our Favorite Links....
Trans Youth Resources in the San Francisco Bay Area:
- Dimensions: a weekly free healthcare clinic for queer and questioning youth 25 and under
- Chromosomes, 25 and under, Mondays 6:30-8pm @ the Pacific Center (2712 Telegraph Ave., Berkeley). For more
info call 510.548.8283. Chromosomes is co-sponsored by the Youth Gender Project; see below.
- Transgender Youth Association, Thursdays, 7-8:30pm at SMAAC - a multi-cultural queer youth center in Oakland. SMAAC is open Monday through Saturday, 2pm-10pm; call 1-510-834-9578 for more specific scheduling details or email email@example.com
Other groups to check out:
- FTM International, (mostly adults, youth welcome), 2nd Sunday of each month, 2-5pm, 1360 Mission St., San Francisco, Suite 200 (second floor).
- TransBay has an extensive event calendar for their own multi-trans-gendered social events as well as tons of other transgender-focused groups in the area.
- TransAction, a transgendered activist group.
- The Youth Gender Project (YGP): a youth/adult partnership that uses a peer-based model to empower and support transgender, transsexual, gender-variant, intersex, and gender-questioning (TGIQ) youth and young adults of all cultural, ethnic, and racial backgrounds. YGP fosters gender and cultural diversity and equity and creates social and institutional change through the education of all those who work with, or make decisions about the lives of, these young people.
- The Harvey Milk Institute which offers classes and workshops which "foster the development and examination of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer culture and community in the Bay Area and beyond."
- TrannyFest: Transgender and transgenre film festival in San Francisco every November.
- Trans Youth Web Ring - www.youthresource.com/queeryouth/transyouth.htm. A collection of linked sites by trans youth.
- TGTS-Youth E-Mail Discussion List - For more info, see www.geocities.com/transboys/tgts-youth.html. To subscribe, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the message "subscribe tgts-youth ."
Trans Teens E-Mail List - register @ www.egroups.com/subscribe/TransTeens.
- Yahoo! Club for Trans Youth - for more info, visit clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/transyouth.
- BABOYZ: a listserv for the San Francisco Bay Area FTM/SOFFA communities
- Sphere - a discussion list for genderqueers of all flavors and ages.
- Queernet.org has many other relevant and interesting mailing lists, as well as free space where you can start your own!
Miscellaneous Trans Entertainment:
- Online Alchemy: the Art of Loren Cameron
- Kate Bornstein's Site
- TransGenderWarrior: Les Feinberg's Site